Sunday, April 4, 2010

Grape Salad

15 servings

Thanks to Jamie R. of Recipezaar who posted this recipe.  I did change some of the ingredients because my husband is diabetic. I have been using Splenda for years for our desserts.




Ingredients
2 lbs green grapes ( I used all red grapes because the green ones are too sour for me).
2 lbs red grapes (smaller rounder not the oval shape ones)
1 - 8 oz  cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1 - 8 sour cream (I used 6 oz fat free vanilla yogurt Albertsons brand)
1/2 cup white sugar (I used the Splenda for baking. You can get the big bags at Costco).
1 tsp vanilla extract ( I added extra 1 tsp)

Topping Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar ( I  used 1/4 cup organic brown sugar or you can use Splenda brown sugar).
1 cup pecans (I used toasted walnuts or better use candied walnuts if you have).

Directions

1. Wash and stem grapes( red smaller rounder grapes are sweeter than the oval shape ones). Let it dry.
2. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar and vanilla extract by hand until blended.
3. Add grapes into mixture.
4. For toppings: Combine brown sugar and nuts.
5. Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely.
6. Chill overnight.

(I don't put the toppings before chilling  because the sugar melts overnight and it gets watery the next day. So I sprinkle them 1-2 hrs before serving.)










No comments:

Post a Comment