Monday, April 5, 2010

Bourbon Chicken

The first time I tried this recipe was when I had a party at my house. My husband like it alot because he said it taste like Filipino Adobo. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of this dish. But I will make this again and definetely will take picture. One of my friends asked about the ingredients I used on this dish which I did tell her. And also I decided to add this on my blog. Thanks to Recipezaar.

SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Ingredients

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces(coat with a little flour)
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed ( I like garlic so I added extra)
1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce (I used reduced-sodium)

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. (Optional: You can a little bit of cornstartch to thicken the sauce.)
7. Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment